Provided in this article are the steps to enable Apple Pay as a payment method in PeakCommerce's in-app experience after it has been configured in Zuora.
For more information about configuring Apple Pay in Zuora, review the following article from Zuora's Knowledge Center:
1. Assign the Apple Pay Approved Gateway to a Profile
- Navigate to Users > Profiles, select the profile of choice and click "Edit".
- Open the Configurations tab.
- In the Payment Gateway (Apple Pay) field, copy/paste the exact gateway name from Zuora.
- Click "Update" to save the profile.
2. Enable Apple Pay in Profile Permissions
This profile must also have the following permission set to enable use of Apple Pay in-app.
Payment Method Permission
For users to be able to use the Apple Pay integration in their portal, the Apple Pay Payment Methods Permission on the My Account tab must be marked as Full. This permission provides the following abilities:
- View the Apple Pay payment methods on file
- Add a new Apple Pay payment method to the account
- Use a new or existing Apple Pay payment method to pay an invoice
3. Test Payment
1. Make payment as a customer
Log in as a customer with an open invoice.
Click "Pay an Invoice"
Enter an amount
Choose Pay With New Payment Method
Click the ACH option then click "Continue"
Fill in the payment information then click "Confirm"
Review the Transaction in the Billing System
The following instructions are specific to Zuora.
1. Open Zuora
2. Find the customer
- Search for the customer by Name or Account Number.
3. Review the Default Gateway
- If the permission on the associated profile has "One-Time Purchase Persistent Permission" set to Full , or the user chose to process a one-time payment with the permission "One-Time Purchase Configurable Permission" set to Full, then the Default Payment Gateway should not have changed on the profile.
4. Review the Default Payment Method
- If the permission on the associated profile has "One-Time Purchase Persistent Permission" set to Full , or the user chose to process a one-time payment with the permission "One-Time Purchase Configurable Permission" set to Full, then the Default Payment Method should not have changed on the profile. If it is set to None or not chosen, the Default Payment Method should be the newly created ACH payment method.
5. Check that ACH was used for this particular payment
- Under Transactions, go to the Payments tab, and click on the payment number. Make sure the Payment Method information aligns with the Apple Pay payment information that was entered.
- View the Additional Fields and verify that the payment gateway is the Apple Pay one.