Provided in this article are the steps to set up a SEPA Hosted Page in PeakCommerce, assigning it to a Profile, making a payment using SEPA, and checking the billing system records to ensure it was processed correctly. This article assumes the SEPA Hosted Page and Payment Gateway have already been created in the billing system.
For more information on setting up Hosted Pages and Payment Gateways in Zuora, review the following articles from Zuora's Knowledge Center:
Set up Hosted Page
1. Create a SEPA Hosted Page
- Navigate to Payments > Hosted Pages and click "Add Payment Page"
- Choose the SEPA HP you wish to use from the dropdown list. This list is pulled from your billing system Hosted Pages list.
- The Page Name will auto-fill the same name from the billing system. This name may be changed in PeakCommerce.
- Type and Version will auto-fill
- Partner Admin is not required
- Select the SEPA Payment Gateway in the billing system from the dropdown list
- Adding a Host is not required
- Click "ADD HPM"
2. Assign SEPA Hosted Page to a profile
- Navigate to Users > Profiles, select the profile of choice and click "Edit"
- Open the Currencies tab click on the EUR sub-tab.
- In the SEPA Hosted Payment Page field, select the SEPA HP that was just created from the dropdown list
- Click "Update" to save the profile
Do not make any changes to the Configurations tab for foreign currencies.
3. Enable SEPA in Profile Permissions
This profile must also have the following two permissions set to enable use of SEPA.
- For customers to pay invoices using SEPA, the Pay Invoices with SEPA setting must be must be marked "Full" on the Pay Invoices tab. See below.
Payment Method Permission
- For customers to be able to view the SEPA payment methods they have on file, add a new SEPA payment method to their account, edit existing SEPA payment methods on their account, or do all of the above, the Bank Transfer Payment Method Permission on the My Account tab must be marked accordingly: View, Create, Edit, or Full. See below.
1. Make payment as a customer
- Log in as a customer with an open invoice.
- Click "Pay an Invoice"
- Enter an amount
- Choose Pay With New Payment Method
- Click the SEPA option then click "Continue"
- Fill in the payment information then click "Confirm"
Review the transaction in the billing system
The following instructions are specific to Zuora.
1. Open Zuora
2. Find the customer
- Search for the customer by Name or Account Number.
3. Review the Default Gateway
- If the permission on the associated profile has "One-Time Purchase Persistent Permission" set to Full , or the user chose to process a one-time payment with the permission "One-Time Purchase Configurable Permission" set to Full, then the Default Payment Gateway should not have changed on the profile.
4. Review the Default Payment Method
- If the permission on the associated profile has "One-Time Purchase Persistent Permission" set to Full, or the user chose to process a one-time payment with the permission "One-Time Purchase Configurable Permission" set to Full, then the Default Payment Method should not have changed on the profile. If it is set to None or not chosen, the Default Payment Method should be the newly created SEPA payment method.
5. Check that SEPA was used for this particular payment
- Under Transactions, go to the Payments tab, and click on the payment number. Make sure the Payment Method information aligns with the SEPA payment information that was entered.
- View the Additional Fields and verify that the payment gateway is the SEPA one.